Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Freckles, Fresh Air and Flying Insects

The weather has been getting nicer and warmer here. Most days anyways. We've gotten into a nice routine where we go to the park in the morning, come home and have lunch then Alex goes down for a nice long nap. My freckles have exploded from all this outdoor time. Of course, just when I start planning things for me to do during his great naps, he gets sick. Again. Poor kid. Another cough that keeps him up at night and doesn't even let him nap during the day. It's getting better now but the past weekend was rough. No sleeping, no napping and an exhausting trip to Grandma's house. Doesn't matter how crabby he is, he always has fun at the park.

Someone is happy about spring.

More someones happy about spring as well!


Before he got sick I was getting a lot of sewing done. Actually finishing some stuff too!
 Here's some of my works in progress (there's actually more than this too, I'm a busy bee).

More on this one later.
This bad boy just need to be quilted and bound and then it's done
. I think it'll make a nice picnic blanket!


This fun little pillow was easier than I thought it would be!
(Tutorial here).
First thing Alex did when I gave it to him?
 He stood on it. Then threw it. Then hugged it. Toddler approved.


Another doll quilt almost done. Super secret project.

Last weekend we went with my friend to see the butterflies at the Botanical Gardens. Those butterflies were not shy, swooping by our heads! Alex loved seeing them, even if he got a little crabby with all the crowds (I was pretty crabby about the crowds too).



 This past weekend we went to the petting zoo at a local mall. Best part was the peacock.

Why did the chicken cross the peacock?
To get to the other side!