Sunday, December 12, 2010

Randomness

I am currently watching Love Actually and I started crying before the opening credits even finished. Oh the sad irony that is Liam Neeson burying his wife in a movie, then losing his wife so tragically in real life. Why do I do this to myself?

I've been spending my evenings half watching movies that I've already seen many times before. I'm working on a handmade book for Alex for Christmas and I like the background noise. Hopefully this book will finish soon enough. I feel like I've been working on it forever. I'll post some photos when it's done.

My cat, Daisy, the slightly intellectually challenged one, is staring at me. She'll do this for 20-30 minutes at a time. Really quite creepy. Shoo kitty shoo!

Alex said what sounded like his first sentence tonight as I put his pj's on. It was "Dodo, No, no. Elmo!". Sorry Alex. No Crackmo before bed.

Billy Bob Thornton is both scary and perfect as the president of the United States (in Love Actually).

Creepy staring cat, still in place.

Work today was mostly uneventful. I went to get a coffee for the boss lady, and had to order some complicated latte for her. I told the guys, it's for the owner of the store next door. Ah they said, and they knew who I meant. Her store that she works in is in the same building as the coffee shop. But her other store that she owns, the one I work at, is across the street, diagonally. The coffee shop dudes insisted that she always takes her coffee in a mug. Yes, but she's across the street today. No, no. She takes the mugs across the street. There was no way I was going to cross the slushy windy street with my lunch in one hand and a hot latte in a MUG with the other. What the french toast?

Oh and then there was this:

The new Christmas paper at work. Cute right? Trees, and presents and cute little santas. But wait, what's that? A witch? Flying over Christmas presents (upper right corner). Huh? Some graphic designer seems to be a bit confused. Witchy Claus creature flying over people with presents.
Daisy still perched at my feet. Sigh. I guess I should let her hop up and get lovies.