Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Diary of a SAHM: Morning Edition

I had lots of ideas swimming around in my head last night but couldn't get anything out to post, so instead I browsed apartments on Craiglist that we can't afford, and added 14 items to my cart on Etsy that I won't purchase. I went to bed around 11:30 pm and then Alex woke up around 12:30am. He went back to sleep easily.

Too bad he woke up again at 5:20 am. Five in the morning is the imaginary line where MORNING begins according to my son. If he wakes up before then he'll go back to sleep, but after 5 am all bets are off. So he's tired and slightly whiny. He followed my husband around as he got ready for work, making this woeful sound like a wounded animal in a trap. Luckily I was able to distract him enough that he didn't melt down when Daddy left for work like he sometimes does, pounding on the door crying like a jilted Bachelor contestant after not receiving a rose. I distracted him with the iguana, oooh look she's lying there motionless! He spotted the spray bottle and holled for it. I handed it to him and he quickly figured out how to spray it. In his face. But hey, it was making him laugh. Whatever works, right?

I managed to make breakfast, but not before the usual commotion. All of my cupboards are above my head so I regularly need to get the step ladder out. No matter how quiet I am, SpideyChicken hears the ladder coming out and usually climbs up while I'm still standing on it. Every bite of his banana at breakfast had to be "dip dip" in my Nutella on toast. At least he's eating. And he's just in a diaper from soaking his Pj's with the spray bottle so he's easy to clean up

Now I'm blogging and drinking my coffee while he wanders around grunting. Yeah, you know, THAT.