Monday, November 8, 2010

Jet Lag: Home Edition

Alex loves spinning. I hold him in my arms and we spin and spin until I get dizzy and then I stop. We feel dizzy he laughs and then I do it again. I'm not sure what's more fun, the spinning or how it feels when you stop. I've been feeling like that a lot lately.
This time change thing really sucks. Why oh why must we go through this? It seems like an outdated practice. Being on vacation in another time zone requires an adjustment but you're busy, you're having fun. You get the extra energy you need from all the excitement. Daylight savings time just feels OFF to me. It always takes me about a week to fully adjust. Now I have a little person who knows nothing of time. He didn't get that memo about getting to sleep an extra hour. Every clock in my house has a different time it's very confusing. See there's that spinning again.
Work was good yesterday. It was busy. I feel a bit out of the loop there though. I'm only there one day a week, I don't know where anything is, what's on order. It feels a bit awkward to me. I feel like I should be at ease there but I'm not completely. Being woken up several times a night doesn't help either. I'm not as sharp as I used to be.
Time plays tricks on you. Speeds up, slows down. Pace yourself, hurry up.
The spinning is fun, but sometimes it's nice just to stop.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must be a morning person. I'm a night person, so I LOVE fall back. Feels right - getting up later, staying up later... when I adjust I feel sad.

Spring forward, on the other hand, can bite me.

Post a Comment