Friday, May 7, 2010

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine?

So this is Rick's last day of work. He'll be unemployed at 5 pm today. Yes, I'm concerned about the money and him finding a job, but my immediate concern? He's going to be home ALL THE TIME. Yes, I love my husband, enjoy it when he's around, but 24 hours a day? I've gotten used to being home alone with Alex, I have a bit of a routine during the week. Mondays groceries, Tuesdays Mother Goose story time, Wednesdays playgroup. I like it, I know what to expect. We have a tiny apartment, there isn't much space to roam. Is he going to help out with Alex, the housework or is he going to play guitar all day? When he gets into a deep cleaning mood it's usually the last thing I want to do.
I just have to keep telling myself
  1. It's temporary, maybe only a few weeks. It'll be like a vacation.
  2. Alex will love getting more Daddy time.
  3. The weather is nice so we can go out to the park as a family.
  4. I will get to shower in peace whenever I want.

Happy fun vacation time, right? Just add an extra pair of feet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derick used to work nights, so I made up my own schedule, did whatever I wanted after I got home from work. My first thought when he changed schedules to 8-5? The same as yours- he's going to be around ALL THE TIME?

You sound like you have some good ideas for 'me' time!

Post a Comment